In March 2020, the Mior district hosted a collection of applications for a competition of local initiatives. As a result of the work of the competition commission, 10 winners were selected, two of whom will receive financial support in the amount of 60,000 euros, the rest-10,000 euros each.
Who was the winner of the contest?
1. The Miory district organization of the public association “Belarusian Republican Youth Union” on the basis of the museum association of Miory Secondary School No.3 is implementing an initiative to create an interactive youth cultural and historical platform “Heritage of the Miory Region” to involve young people in the study, preservation and promotion of the historical and cultural heritage of the region.
2. The private institution “Sustainable Solutions” is implementing an initiative to activate the partnership of local residents in the framework of the improvement of the recreation area on the shore of Lake Medvedok.
3. The household farm of the Powiat nursery-garden-secondary school will be reorganized into a demonstration and educational platform for the production and sale of environmentally friendly products using organic farming technologies thanks to the initiative of the Powiat Village Council of Deputies.
4. Painted gingerbread cakes of Miorshchyna
Agro-estate “Yelnyansky Dvorik” equips a mini-workshop for the production of colored souvenir gingerbread with the image of the sights of the Miorsky district, signs and logos of holidays held in the district, using the brand of the Miorsky Region developed within the project.
5. The Miory district organization of the Belarusian Public Association of Veterans on the basis of the Territorial Center for Social Services of the Population has created a “Social cafe” for elderly citizens and persons with disabilities to master such necessary skills in the modern world as paying for utilities via the Internet, ordering a ticket to a doctor, ordering the delivery of goods and food, communicating with relatives living outside the Republic of Belarus and others.
6. Agro-estate “Maciejkava Syaliba”, located in the village of Perebrodje, plans to increase the tourist attractiveness of the territory through the preservation and promotion of cultural and natural heritage through promotional events, seminars, master classes, educational programs, holidays, through live communication with traditional culture carriers and experts.
7. The social information institution “Preservation and Development of Yelnya” is engaged in the creation of a high-quality, modular, understandable and versatile cycling route near the famous swamp.
8. The Demsky Garden peasant farm plans to expand the possibilities of self-employment of the population through the development of horticultural activities – the laying of a blueberry plantation, as well as the dissemination of experience in growing fruit and berry crops.
9. Braslav regional Public Association for Cross-Border Cooperation “Euroregion “Ozerny Krai” plans to improve the ecological culture of the pupils of the Miorsky nursery-garden No.1 by creating an innovative ecological platform “Touch nature with your heart”. Children will have the opportunity, while on the territory of the educational institution ,to “visit the forest”, study the vegetation, plant cultivated plants themselves, and so, learning about the world of nature, learn to protect and preserve it.
10. The private institution “Life-giving Spring” creates an original ecosystem, is engaged in landscaping and landscaping of the park territory in Disna, where recreation areas, small architectural forms, lilac alley, playground and bird nooks will appear.